Menu 

Historic Places in Noblesville, Indiana

For such a small town, Noblesville, Indiana is rife with historic places. Noblesville history is long and extensive, and the city’s architecture reflects that history. From the Daniel Craycraft House on Conner Street to the Holliday Hydroelectric Powerhouse and Dam on Riverwood Avenue, this Indianapolis suburb has more history than meets the eye.

Below is a list of Noblesville historic places that have found a place in the National Register of Historic Places thanks, in large part, to the local efforts of the Noblesville Preservation Alliance:

Catherine Street Historic District – This area, between 10th and 9th Streets, has been deemed a historic neighborhood. It contains structures build between 1870 and 1937.
Cole-Evans House – This building is at 1012 Monument Street, and was built between 1837 and 1856.
Conner Street Historic District – This historic area takes up several blocks between 10th and 17th Streets. It contains buildings built between 1840 and 1947 and is well worth a visit.
Daniel Craycraft House – The date on this old beauty is 1892, and its address is 1095 East Conner Street.
Dr. Samuel Harrell House – At North 10th Street, this building was constructed in 1898.
Hamilton County Courthouse Square Jail – The Courthouse was built in 1879, and the Old Jail was built in 1876. Bounded by Conner, 8th, 9th and Logan Streets, this is a must-see for all visitors. Today it houses the Hamilton County Museum of History.
Holliday Hydroelectric Powerhouse and Dam – When you visit this site, you take a trip back to the early 1900′s. It is located at Riverwood Avenue and 211th Street, across White River.
Judge Earl S. Stone House – Built in 1849, this is an excellent example of the Greek Revival architecture of the time. Find it within the Noblesville Historic District at 107 South 8th Street.
Noblesville Commercial Historic District – Bounded by 8th and 10th Streets and Maple and Clinton, this neighborhood well deserves its spot in the National Register. It contains structures built between 1875 and 1931.
Noblesville Milling Company Mill – A historic reference for architecture as well as industry, the Mill is on South 8th Street and was built between 1891 and 1941.
Potter’s Covered Bridge – This lovely landmark spans the White River‘s West Fork inside Potter’s Bridge Park. It is the last covered bridge in Hamilton County, built in 1871 and restored in 1937.
South 9th Street Historic District – Within the bounds of 9th and 10th Streets and Maple and Division, this neighborhood contains several prime examples of the period between 1860 and 1940.
William Houston Craig House – A striking structure at 1250 E Conner St, built in 1893.
Noblesville Commercial Historic District: Bounded by 8th and 10th Streets and Maple and Clinton, this neighborhood well deserves its spot in the National Register. It contains structures built between 1875 and 1931.

Mike Woods