Hamilton county residents got reassuring news this week. Named Indiana’s healthiest county for the second year in a row, Hamilton county offers a lot of amenities and services for its residents. The communities of Noblesville, Carmel, Fishers, Westfield, and Cicero have a variety of ways to keep them at the top of Indiana’s healthy list.
Here are 10 ways to stay healthy in Hamilton county:
- Bike the Monon Trail.
- Play golf at an area course.
- Try the Extreme Sports Complex at Forest Park.
- Start training for the Carmel Marathon or half Marathon.
- Join a local YMCA or other health club.
- Try rock climbing at Hoosier Heights.
- Swim at the Waterpark at the Monon center.
- Ice Skate at the Forum.
- Try your hand at Disc Golf at Dillon Park.
- Go for a run in Fishers.
No matter how your family likes to exercise, chances are you can do it somewhere in Hamilton county. Two Hamilton county towns, Carmel and Fishers, were recently named the top two safest cities in the country. A low violent crime rate was also a contributing factor when weighing the overall health of each county. Couple the amenities with world-class healthcare options, many grocery stores, and other factors that support healthy living, and it’s easy to see how Hamilton county ranked number one. To round out the top three, Hendricks county and Boone county ranked two and three respectively.